ME HP 1337
Makes changes to the laws governing marine port terminal facility development.
Makes the following changes to laws governing marine port terminal facility development.
1, Limits actions of the Maine Port Authority and the use of the proceeds of bonds issued by the Maine Port Authority to those actions and uses pertaining to marine port terminal facilities and railroad facilities that directly support marine port operations.
2. Expands sources of funds that may be used to undertake projects that link marine port terminal facilities to freight networks within the State.
3. Expands scope of Maine Port Terminal Facilities Marketing Program.
4. Requires Maine Port Authority to hire an executive director and authorizes executive director to hire certain other employees.
5. Requires Maine Port Authority to submit an annual report to Legislature.
6. It requires the Maine Port Authority to submit certain fiscal matters to the Department of Transportation for approval.